Tel: +44 (0)115 987 3777
Want to visit us:
It's our responsibility
General pollution and global warming are serious issues for everyone. In particular we hear on a regular basis, with increasing urgency, the need to control and reduce CO2 emissions. It's important therefore that we convey what we're doing in order to ensure our business is sustainable, and to avoid scenes like this:
Any responsible organisation will endeavour to mitigate it's impact on the environment. As a company, Media Hut supply large amounts of product that is used for promotional purposes. So to reduce our impact on the environment we:
- always recommend products that are not quickly discarded. Products that will be useful to the recipient in some way, and so have a high degree of retention. Which doesn't just help the environment, it also helps to constantly reinforce your brand.
- use materials, where possible, that are recyclable and/or only emit modest amounts of CO2 during the manufacturing process.
- offer products that decompose quickly. Plastic can take up to 1,000 years to decompose, and produces large amounts of CO2 during the manufacturing process, so we always offer alternatives from sustainable sources such as paper/cardboard based products that decompose in months.
- ensure our sub-contractors and suppliers are aware of and adhere to environmental standards that are compatible with our own.
In the continuing the operation of our business, we also do the following:
- recycle all waste where possible.
- only acquire company vehicles with low or zero emissions.
- minimise air travel as far as possible, and contribute to a CO2 offsetting scheme with every flight.
- minimise our energy consumption by ensuring lights and equipment are turned off when not in use..
- only use electrical equipment that has a high efficiency rating, and only use low energy LED light fittings.
- use no fossil fuels in the heating of our building or to power any of the equipment within it.
- advise our employees on what they can and should be doing to minimise their personal impact on the environment.
Reducing our impact on the environment is not optional, it's vital. The less we do now to alleviate the damage, the harder life will be for future generations. Businesses provide the wealth we all need to live comfortable lives, but our businesses need to be sustainable. We recognise that measures taken now to protect the environment also protect our children, and their children, and so our goal is to become carbon neutral. We do not own the Earth, we're simply the caretakers, our duty is it to look after it for future generations.